- Mid-County Regional Service Center Announces New Website & Toolkit The Mid-County Regional Center is happy to announce an updated website with information for residents, businesses and organizations in Mid-County. One new feature of the website is the creation of the new updated Mid -County Community Toolkit.The toolkit is meant to assist residents in working towards starting, improving, and growing civic associations, which are important forums for county residents to address matters within their communities.
- ATTENTION ALL HOME OWNER ASSOCIATIONS: the Mid-County Regional Center is updating its contact information for all Home Owner Associations in Mid-County. Please call Catina Tyson at 240-777-8104 to update your Associations 's information or email her here. Thanks!
- Libraries and Schools Partner With Ride On to Sell SmarTrip Cards; Kids Ride Free Expanded use this link for more information.
- MONTGOMERY COUNTY TO HOLD VOTER REGISTRATION DRIVES AT PUBLIC LIBRARIES: Saturday, September 6: Aspen Hill Library, 4407 Aspen Hill Rd, Rockville, MD 20853 Kensington Park Library, 4201 Knowles Avenue, Kensington MD 20895
- Montgomery County's Fall Guide for Recreation and Parks Programs Now Available.use this link
- Wheaton Community Survey on Youth Drinking-for survey please use this link
- County Urges Preparedness for Summer Storm Season use this link
- Holiday Schedule for Independence Day use this link for more information.
- Great Fines Read Off Program Returns to Montgomery County Public Libraries- use this link for more information
- New School Immunization Requirements for 2014-2015 School Year Announced For more information on immunizations, call the Montgomery County Department of Health and Human Services' Immunization Program at 240-777-1050 or School Health Services at 240-777-1550. For specific information, parents may contact their child's school health nurse.
PAST INFORMATIONAL MEETINGS:MID-COUNTY BOARDS & COMMITTEES:
- Residents Invited to Participate in Live Online Discussion with County Executive Ike Leggett for more information call 240-777-6507.
- Ride On Invites the Public to Comment on its Revised Title VI Policies that Prohibit Discrimination for more information click here
- Public Hearing Aspen Hill Minor Master Plan Amendment for September 11, at 8787 Georgia Ave. Silver Spring, MD 20910. Click here for more information.
- Public Forum Hosted by Human Trafficking Task Force Postponed. For more information please call Lori lee-Savage in the County Executive's office at 240-777-2522
- Department of Permitting Services Hosts International Green Construction Code (IgCC) Public Work Session Briefing on September 3, 2014. Click here for more information.
- Public hearing on the Sandy Spring Rural Village Plan on Thursday, Sept. 4, at 8787 Georgia Ave. Silver Spring, MD 20910. Click here for more information.
- Free College Prep Workshop To be Held at Davis Library On August 27 use this link or call
Davis Library at 240-777-0922.
- Montgomery County Sister City Mission to India: Hyderabad, Raipur, Delhi, Amritsar and Mumbai. Click here for more information.
- Proposal Writing Series July 16 at the Foundation Center or July 24 & 30 at Montgomery College 10:00 am - 1:00 pm each session. Cost of class $90. Click here for more information.
- The Wheaton Urban District Advisory Committee will be holding their next monthly meeting on September 9th at 6pm at the Mid-County Regional Center located at 2424 Reedie Drive, 1st floor conference room.
- The Mid-County Citizens Advisory Board will be holding their next monthly meeting on September 16th at 7pm at the Mid-County Regional Center located at 2424 Reedie Drive, 1st floor conference room.
PAST MEETINGS AND EVENTS IN THE COMMUNITY
- Maker Faire Coming to Silver Spring -Sunday, September 14 from noon to 5 p.m. For more information click here
- Montgomery County Friendship Picnic: When: Sunday, September 14, 2014, Time: 1pm to 5pm, Where: Wheaton Regional Park
- Events at Holiday Park Senior Center: WEDNESDAY EVENING CLASSES: will be starting on September 17 with Tai-Chi, Hittin' It Fit, and Zumba.
LECTURES AND PRESENTATIONS: Do I Want a Tablet or a Laptop? On 9/17 at 6:30pm; For the full program schedule and registration please call 240-777-4999.
- Annual Pooch Pool Party for more information click here
- Montgomery Parks 2nd Annual Pawpaw Festival Sunday, September 7, 12:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m. $5 Meadowside Nature Center 5100 Meadowside Lane Rockville, MD 20855. No registration required. All participants must pay.
- County Observes September as African Heritage Month- Montgomery County Executive Ike Leggett will kick off month on Monday, September 8 at a special celebration from 6- 8 p.m. at the Silver Spring Civic Building at Veterans Plaza, One Veterans Place. For more information, contact the Office of Community Partnerships at 240-777-2584.
- Montgomery County Agricultural Fair ends tomorrow August 16th Residents are encouraged to stop by and take advantage of this opportunity to see the array of services the County provides. go to: www.mcagfair.com.
- Wheaton Triangle 2014 Summer Series- Friday, Aug. 22th at 7pm is the night to come and listen to the group Grupo Latino Continental Band.
- August 30th & 31st Brookeville, MD U.S. Capital For a Day, Bicentennial Events
- In 1814, the town of Brookeville became known as the "U.S. Capital for a Day" after the British burned the capital. Questions? Click here.