- Montgomery County's Fall Guide for Recreation and Parks Programs Now Available.use this link
- Wheaton Community Survey on Youth Drinking-for survey please use this link
- County Urges Preparedness for Summer Storm Season use this link
- Holiday Schedule for Independence Day use this link for more information
- Great Fines Read Off Program Returns to Montgomery County Public Libraries- use this link for more information
- New School Immunization Requirements for 2014-2015 School Year Announced For more information on immunizations, call the Montgomery County Department of Health and Human Services' Immunization Program at 240-777-1050 or School Health Services at 240-777-1550. For specific information, parents may contact their child's school health nurse.
- Free College Prep Workshop To be Held at Davis Library On August 27 use this link or call
Davis Library at 240-777-0922.
- Proposal Writing Series July 16 at the Foundation Center or July 24 & 30 at Montgomery College 10:00 am - 1:00 pm each session. Cost of class $90. Click here for more information.
- The Wheaton Urban District Advisory Committee will be holding their next monthly meeting on July 8th at 6pm at the Mid-County Regional Center located at 2424 Reedie Drive, 1st floor conference room.
- The Mid-County Citizens Advisory Board will be holding their next monthly meeting on July 15th at 7pm at the Mid-County Regional Center located at 2424 Reedie Drive, 1st floor conference room.
UPCOMING MEETINGS AND EVENTS IN THE COMMUNITY
Montgomery County Agricultural Fair ends tomorrow August 16th Residents are encouraged to stop by and take advantage of this opportunity to see the array of services the County provides. go to: www.mcagfair.com.
Wheaton Triangle 2014 Summer Series Tonight!!!! Friday, Aug. 22th at 7pm is the night to come and listen to the group Grupo Latina Continental Band.
August 30th & 31st Brookeville, MD U.S. Capital For a Day, Bicentennial EventsIn 1814, the town of Brookeville became known as the "U.S. Capital for a Day" after the British burned the capital. Questions? Click here.
JOBS & FELLOWSHIPS:
Paid Position - Olney Home For Life (OHFL) has a full-time, 11 month paid AmeriCorps (domestic Peace Corps) position. For more information click Job Description & Application
MONTGOMERY COLLEGE JOB OPPORTUNITIES: the college has several job opportunities available. To learn more and to apply, please click here
The Department of Transportation is seeking Full Time and Substitute Bus Operators. Selected applicants will be considered for full time and substitute positions on as needed basis. For more information please click here and enter IRC14870.
The County Executive is looking for individuals to serve on boards and committees throughout the county. Please click here to see what vacancies are available.
AWARDS & SCHOLARSHIPS:
County's Office of Human Rights Seeks Nominations for Hall of Fame: the Montgomery County Office of Human Rights (OHR) is currently accepting nominations for its Eighth Human Rights Hall of Fame. Nominations should be individuals - either living or deceased - whose ongoing work, service and contributions have positively impacted human and civil rights in the county. This year's theme is "Advancing New Strategies for Human & Civil Rights." The deadline for nominations is August 22. For more information please visit their website.